Monday, April 25, 2011



I knitted this sweater for little G. One thing I learned about picking up stitches: it's easier to do with a really little knitting needle. I knitted the body of this sweater on size 8 needles, and the borders on size 7's. But I picked up the stitches on the body to knit the border with a size 2 needle. (My mom gave me my Great-grandmother's set of needles - there are all sizes in a nice little zippered case). Can you see the little bear button closure? I love that little thing. Of course little G is cuter than the button.
This was a bit more expensive than I would normally pay for a baby sweater. I purchased the kit for about $15.00. It included enough yarn for the sweater, the pattern, and the buttons. But I had a great time making the sweater, and it's a perfect warm soft snuggly sweater.

P.S. This sweater turned out much better than the last sweater I tried to knit for her, which was a hot mess of pink boucle (swiped from my mom's yarn stash). Though it was free, I'm trying to keep it hidden in the back of a drawer somewhere - I can't even bring myself to give it away. It's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment